attorney advertising disclaimer
This website constitutes an advertisement. The material on this web site has been prepared and is copyrighted by Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP ("Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP"). The material is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The material is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Information provided by or cited to third parties does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP or any of its attorneys or clients. Any and all results portrayed in this advertisement were dependent on the facts of the subject case, and results will differ if based on different facts.
Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP will, to the full extent permitted under the law, protect your name and confidential information against disclosure, publication or unauthorized use.
Jurisdictions In Which Our Attorneys Are Licensed To Practice
Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP has an office in San Francisco, CA. Members of the firm practice in federal district courts throughout the United States. Members of the firm are licensed to practice in California & New York. Individual Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP attorneys are licensed to practice in the state(s) enumerated on their individual attorney profiles.
Disclaimer On Contract Formation
Your receipt of the information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, a contract for representation by Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP. This information is not intended to substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney. No person should act or rely on any information in this site without seeking the advice of an attorney.
Please be aware that the sending of an e-mail message to Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP does not contractually obligate Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP to represent you as your attorney. Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP cannot serve as your counsel in any matter unless you and our firm expressly agree, in writing, that we will serve as your attorney.
Statute Of Limitations Notice
You should be aware that the Statute of Limitations (the deadline imposed by law within which you may bring a lawsuit) may severely limit the time remaining for you to file any potential claims you may have.
This Is An Advertisement
This web site may be considered advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules. The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
Free Background Information Available Upon Request
All potential clients are urged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any lawyer's credentials and ability being considered, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. Before you decide to retain us, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Our attorneys are not certified as specialists in any particular field of law.
Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP Does Not Offer Any Guarantees Of Case Results
Every legal matter is different. The outcome of each legal case depends upon many factors, including the facts of the case, and no attorney can guarantee a positive result in any particular case. Any testimonial or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Notice On Contingent Fees
Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP represents clients in certain cases on a contingent fee basis. In such cases, no fee will be charged in the absence of recovery. However, in the event of an adverse verdict or decision, the contingent fee litigant may be responsible for court costs.
Designated Principal Attorney With Responsibility for Web Site
To the extent the State Bar rules require us to designate a principal office and/or single attorney responsible for this site, Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP designates David M. Given, Phillips, Erlewine, Given & Carlin LLP, 39 Mesa Street, San Francisco, California 94129, (415) 398-0900, as the attorney responsible for this site.
Statement of Client's Rights
1. You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by your lawyer and the other lawyers and personnel in your lawyers office.
2. You are entitled to an attorney capable of handling your legal matter competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession. If you are not satisfied with how your matter is being handled, you have the right to withdraw from the attorney-client relationship at any time (court approval may be required in some matters and your attorney may have a claim against you for the value of services rendered to you up to the point of discharge).
3. You are entitled to your lawyer's independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest.
4. You are entitled to be charged a reasonable fee and to have your lawyer explain at the outset how the fee will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing. You are entitled to request and receive a written itemized bill from your attorney at reasonable intervals. You may refuse to enter into any fee arrangement that you find unsatisfactory.
5. You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed in a prompt manner and to have your telephone calls returned promptly.
6. You are entitled to be kept informed as to the status of your matter and to request and receive copies of papers. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaning fully in the development of your matter.
7. You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by your attorney, including whether or not to settle your matter (court approval of a settlement is required in some matters).
8. You have the right to privacy in your dealings with your lawyer and to have your secrets and confidences preserved to the extent permitted by law.
9. You are entitled to have your attorney conduct himself or herself ethically in accordance with the Code of Professional Responsibility.
10. You may not be refused representation on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.